Pages

Friday, July 7, 2017

Shadowing a Shadow




My bed was perpendicular to the hallway, when I turned to my left, I was able to see the end of it. There is four doorways, from closest to farthest was my brothers, the bathroom, a closet, and my parents bedroom.

Towards the middle of the night, I awoke to an angry, red-orange sky. After a while of observing this rare occurrence, I heard a rustle, and turned to my left to face the hallway. This is when I saw my brother's small frame exit his room. I thought, for a second, that he had considered using the restroom next to his bedroom. Rather than that, I watched him make his way to the staircase.

I stared, wondering if he was headed downstairs to get a drink of water. He did not move, and I had come to a concensus that he recognized my open eyes and was waiting for me to join him. I got up, sleepily following after. I watched, in the dark, as he made his way down our staircase, quickly, as usual. Nothing about the picture seemed off to me whatsoever.

I continued after him, the laundry room door creaked, he turned on the light, and the garage door shut gently. I reached the laundry room after the second door had closed, with the light giving the room a bluish glow.

As I entered our garage, there was not a sign of my brother. I opened the door leading outside, no Dakota. I called out, no Dakota. I was slightly disturbed by this time, and returned to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shadowing a Shadow

My bed was perpendicular to the hallway, when I turned to my left, I was able to see the end of it. There is four doorways, from closes...